Schools/Daycare/Kindy/After School Care Programs/Tours
Trevena Glen provides a tailored farm experience for everyone that is “hands on”, enjoyable and educational.Our program will assist teachers as they complete the “Life and Living unit” in the current school curriculum, we can also tailor our content to meet teachers specific program requirements. Our current excursion package (subject to numbers) is as follows:
- Access to a large fenced outdoor area which is semi shaded for morning tea & lunch.
- A program duration of 3-4 hours with time allowed for morning tea & lunch.
- Each excursion group will rotate through the experiences in sub-groups of a maximum 25 children every 30-40mins. The group is assigned a trained Trevena Glen excursion guide who will provide educational input and guidance during each experience.
The following provides a guide of what you’ll typically experience since each rotation and the animals therein may be seasonal and subject to change. Prior to your visit teachers are invited to select which rotations (currently there over 8 to choose from) they would like to be included in the day’s program providing a tailored experience most appropriate to the age and curriculum of the students.
- Pony/Horse rides
- Tractor Trailer ride & learn about gardening / vegetables
- Smaller Animals – Handling & feedings typically of goats, chickens, guinea pigs, lambs, rabbits, turkeys.
- Large Animals – meeting the larger animals: cow, horses, donkey, sheep, pigs.
- Bush Scavenger hunt – ‘find the items’ to make a collage back at kindy.
- Paddock to Plate – investigating practical ways our food is produced.
Once a date has been confirmed, we provide a quotation, a comprehensive risk assessment, and other support documentation to make it as easy as possible for teachers and organisers.